Monday, November 3, 2014

Freaky little perverted children playing doctor

I don't know the whole story and maybe some of what I read was taken out of context when I read the news article that accused Lena Dunham of sexual abuse because of some things that happened between her and her sister when they were young.  If what she shared constitutes as sexual abuse then maybe we ought to turn every child who does any exploration of their body or the bodies over to the authorities and have them charged as sexual offenders.  We should then put them all on the registered sex offender list.
It brought up some memories of when I grew up.  I guess sexual exploration cannot happen until you reach the magical age of 17 or something like that.  I guess the children I grew up around where young sexual abusers because of the things that they did, that we did.
I remember when I was about  6 my parents dropped me off at the babysitters house.  I went into the bedroom of her two young sons, I think the older one was about 5 and the younger one around 4 and their female cousin was about 5.  They were in the closet "playing doctor."  Playing doctor involved putting piece of toilet paper into their privates and kissing each other.  I was a little bit shocked at what was going on, but I didn't think it was "evil" or that they were abusing each other.  I think I probably giggled a little bit about the whole thing and then probably threatened to tattle on them.  I don't remember if I did or not.  I think they pulled up their clothes and we all probably went back to playing.

Another a time, I went over to a classmates house when I was in kindergarten.  My friend said she would show me hers, if I would show her mine?  I didn't really know what she was talking about till she unzipped her pants and pulled down her underwear.  I felt obliged to copy her.  I guess we both should've been locked up for impairing the morals of a minor.  I think we spent about 10 seconds looking at each other, then we pulled up our pants and began playing with Barbie Dolls.

Speaking of Barbie dolls, there is a sex toy if there ever was one! At least if you are a young child.  Recently I have been reading the book Madonna Unauthorized and  it mentions some of the naughty things that Madonna did with her barbie dolls.  Out of all the things that Madonna has done, this was something I could relate to.  I remember playing with my Barbie dolls, and having them kiss each other naked and what not. It created small sexual stirrings even at the young age of 5 or so.  Do you think that these sexual stirrings meant I was a pervert even at such a young age?  Do you think it indicates that maybe I was sexually abused already and didn't know it?  My recollection of molestation didn't occur till I was around 8 or 9?  Somehow even at the age of 5 I felt shame and embarrassment about these feelings I was having when I played Barbie dolls.  I always played in secret. I wonder if my parents knew that this is why Ken and Barbie were always naked and I couldn't find their clothes?

Then I got to be older around the age of 13 and my girlfriend and her younger brothers and maybe some other friends decided to go skinny dipping in the local river.  I suppose that too was indecent exposure and if the police had found us, they would have arrested us and thrown away the key.  Would we all be on the registry then?  I can't believe how many things I did just as a child that could have landed me the title of sex offender, especially if I lived in today's society.
What about you?  Did you do anything that would be considered perverted and sex offenderish in to days civilized society?

Honestly I think we are getting too carried away with what is sexual abuse and what is not.  What I did or what we did I don't think as sexual offenses because we were all the same age and consenting at that time.  We were peers...the playing ground was equal.  No one was forced to do anything.  Now when I was older and my best friend at that time who was 6 years older than me, he molested me when He made me participate in sexual activities that I didn't want to participate in because they made me uncomfortable.  I told him no and he didn't listen.  I consider these incidents sexual molestation.  I don't hate him and I don't think he is evil or a bad person.  I think he was a mixed up kid who needed help.  He didn't get the help that he needed (I don't think it was available back then any way) and now as an adult has suffered because of it.
 My most fervent heartfelt prayer is that we stop treating sex offenders like they are evil, but instead find ways for healing for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment