Sunday, June 2, 2013

child protective services is.....

Out of here.  As of May 21,2013, they decided to close the case.  Their rationale?  My children's safety which was why they came in the first place, isn't an issue at this time since my husband no longer is living with us and we are not receiving any of their "services." I think if my husband had met with them, and started getting counseling, that they would still be involved.  So maybe, he did the right thing?  I don't know.
 Whether or not my husband moves back in with us it will be between him and I, which is the way it should be.  I don't think he will be coming back home anytime soon, if ever, because for 1) We would have to move somewhere else.  There is no way, that he will come back to this address with neighbors who would love to harass him. ie, call the cops or cps 2) I am not sure that I am up for moving again.  We have just settled into this area, haven't been here a year.  The town is stuck up, clique, but cute.  My girls have made friends.  I would like to see my oldest one have a chance to graduate from a school where she has a couple of friends.  If she passes, she will be going into 8th grade next year.  Personally, I wouldn't mind moving, either closer to my current job, but then again, that might put us back in NY and I am not sure that is a good idea.  The physical aspect of moving, is what I dread the most. It will boil down to what I think is best for our children.   If moving seems like it will be better for them, we will move.  I don't really want to move to where he is, get all settled down, and then he ends up being taken away from us.  I fear that will happen because he has "unfinished" business to attend to here.  Another reason for not moving is he has other children in this area, which means, our children have brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents in this area.  Is it good to leave them behind for their father?  For me, that is the million dollar question. 3)Where I want to move to, he does not want to go.  I want to go to Houston, TX, not the actual city, just the general area.  I want to be where its warm, has close proximity to an ocean, good spicy food and a thriving economy.  I also like to listen to the Michael Berry show, not that he would appreciate that, seeing that I have a husband who is a RSO, but whatever, I have learned from that show not to be offended by so many things in life.  4) I don't know that my husband is ready to come back home.  It sounds like he is enjoying his work, fishing, meeting "famous" people, moving from area to area.  I know he would verbally disagree with me, and say he wants to come back home, but for me, actions speak louder than words.  Before he was released from prison the last time, I had my doubts about him being ready to settle down and raise a family.  While he was with us, he was gone so much of the time "for work" that it seemed like I saw him more in prison.  I don't see the point in being married if someone is not around.  I haven't seen him since February, soooooo......Also before he lives with us, I would like to know that he has addressed the reasons he was asked to leave in the first place, his drinking and also what I consider to be a sex addiction.  I don't want to go backwards.  Its too risky and it hurts a heck of a lot.  So while I love him still and miss him like crazy, I just don't see us being reunited as a family anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment