Tuesday, April 23, 2013

words I hate

There are some words that i absolutely positively detest and I cringe when ever I hear them, words like victim, needy, those people, cunt,and sex offenders.  I hate these words because they are negative, condescending, demeaning and they isolate people from one another.
The word victim is used to describe someone who had something bad happen to them that, that they had no control over it.  Every time some misfortune happens to someone people want to talk about how they are victim.   Your parents mistreated you, you are a victim.  A tornado destroyed your house, you are a victim.  You loss your job, you are a victim. You have cancer, you are a victim.  A victim is someone who needs help and compensation usually for how unfair life has treated them.  the problem I have with this, is that then we are all victims of something.  Life isn't fair, sometimes its down right crappy.  Some people have an easier time of it than others.  Some people seem to have really shitty things happen to them.  The thing is we all have bad things happen from time to time.  Does that make us all victims?  I guess if being human makes you a victim then it does.  Personally, I hate to see myself as a victim no matter what happens to me.  I like to see myself as getting stronger, learning and growing from whatever comes my way, not as a victim in need of help or pity from some other person.  Sure I may need to lean on you for support from time to time and that's fine as long as you understand, that we are equal and you are no better or no less than me.  It's like that song, "lean on me, when you not strong, I'll be there to help you carry on.  You can call on me brother, when you need a hand,  cause we all need someone to lean on. I just might have a problem that you understand, we all need somebody to lean on." this song, does not make victims out of people, instead it reminds that we all to lean on each other because we are in this together.  No one person is better than the other.
Same with the word needy, which implies that someone needs something, and we are just the person to supply it.  The funny thing about people who need something, is that the people who are giving to the "needy" person act like they are doing them a favor, never realizing that maybe they are the ones in need of something.  Someone may need some heat to stay warm this winter, but maybe, just maybe they have wisdom that someone else desperately needs.  Again, its these words portray in my head, an inequality, imbalance between the giver and the receiver.
I hate the word sex offender because again, it makes it sound like that person is different from you or me, for which I totally disagree.   People may hate what I have to say, but I believe we are all capable of sexual offenses.  I think we all have the capability to kill, commit affairs, lie, steal, cheat, etc. and that is why sexual offenses scare us so much.  We don't want to admit that in our deepest darkest part of our soul we are no different than the people we are so scared of.  I don't have scientific evidence to prove this, but I don't feel like I need it, especially when I know I am as average as they come, and yet I know that I am just as capable of horrible act as the next person, but by the grace of God, go I. 
There are things, I have said I would never ever ever do and I have done them.  The very fact that I could do things that I totally didn't believe in, things that went against everything I was ever taught, showed me that if I can do these things (which for the average person would not be that bad, but because I grew up in a very strict, conservative home, they were a big deal) despite praying for God's deliverance, then who is to say that anyone is incapable of anything.

                                                                  OOPS
I posted this blog before I had finished it, and then haven't been back on to finish it.
I put the word cunt in my list of words I hate because its one of the ugliest and most infuriating words I think a person can call a women.  Have you ever noticed that the more offensive/curse words have hard sounds in them like fuck, and shit?  I don't know why that it is, maybe because vowels are softer sounding so they don't make good swear words.  Cunt means the same thing as vagina.  If you called me a vagina, it just doesn't have the same ring to it, plus it takes longer to say.  You can call me bitch and I will probably laugh it off.  Call me the c word and I am likely to fight with you and probably with a fist, not just words.  It's one of those words I see red when I hear it.   Even the word dick for men, which is the equivalent, doesn't get the same reaction from men, maybe because they are quite proud of their johnson and don't care if you make references to it.  Not to mention some are saddled with that name at birth. 
In this day and age of equality, it bugs me to still see that women are looked down as the weaker species.  I know that most men won't say that our face because its politically incorrect, but it exists.  Every time, I hear men say to other men, come on "don't be a sally", I know that women though loved by men, still are considered less than them.  I truly don't understand the relationship between men and men or women and men.  When you stop to look at them, it can just be bizarre.  I think love/hate relationship between men and women would be more accurate.  Men love women, but on some level, I think they hate them as well.  Oh, well that could be a blog for another day.  :)
Another word that I think we could replace for more creative one is the word cronies.  I used that word for a report when I was in 10th grade.  I think we could have come up with a new word by now to describe the relationships between politicians.



No comments:

Post a Comment