Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gone Again

I got the phone call today,
Honey I'm sorry, but I am locked away.
My heart pounding, my hands shaking.
The news sinks in...my heart is breaking,
The memory of the past begins to flood 
over me.
The clanging doors, the loneliness, the collect calls- is this to be?
I swore not again, I don't want to go through this
all over again,
You're a prisoner -
I am prisoner
held captive by my love for you,
I really believed that our time with DOC was through
I feel so alone, 
so on my own
No one I know to tell the news to,
No one who cares like I do..
Powerless is what I feel,
powerless to stop the pain, powerless
to heal,.
Unable to stop what I know you have to face
Powerless to help you with your legal case.,
Loneliness and sadness fills my heart,
picturing how the life we planned
is falling apart.
So many times I have thought about leaving...but I haven't
because I haven't stopped believing.
Believing in you, believing in me, 
I haven't yet stopped seeing how life could
be.,

No comments:

Post a Comment