Thursday, December 18, 2014

S.O.S!!!! Tony Robbins

Hi, Mr. Robbins.  I am sending you a SOS.  I have tried writing you a letter in the past but I don't think it got very far, so I figured I would try this route.  What is the worse that will happen?  You won't read it? Or you might be annoyed with me. I hope not because my intent is not to be a bother.  I don't have a big following, so I don't think too many people will know that I asked you for help.  I don't want to ruin your reputation by asking you to be affiliated with sex offenders.  If it wasn't truly  needed, trust me I wouldn't be asking.
      I  believe that what you teach in your Personal Power series and Awakening the Giant Within holds pieces of the puzzle to changing sex offender outcomes.  Its time for a paradigm shift.   If other people can change,  so can a sex offender.  Its time to shed the belief that once a sex offender, always a sex offender.
 There are roughly 175,000 people on the sex offender registry.  If every sex offender has at least one person that loves him or her and many have more than one then we are talking 350,000+ who are dealing with the aftermath of sexual abuse in the U.S alone.  Can you imagine how many people are affected world wide?  I believe that its possible to redirect the path of a lot of sex offenders using techniques that you talk about in your seminars.
I hope the stories of Steven Collins and Bill Cosby will help the public to begin to see that this is a pervasive problem that can no longer be stuffed into the closet with the rest of the skeletons but needs to be brought out into the light and faced head on with courage and humbleness. There but for the grace of God go I .... I believe that anyone has the capability for abuse.  I also believe that everyone can change for the better.
My husband is in a world of trouble.  He has done a great job of self sabotage.  He is not one of those people who thinks they sabotage themselves, he is one who actually does.  I understand to a point why he does, but other times I do not have a clue.  I don't know how to help him, other than reaching out to people that I think might be able too
  What I desire passionately is to offer hope to sex offenders and their families that help is available and that they are not the vile humans that they are painted as being.   Families need to know that they are not broken or crazy just because they love a sex offender.   I would like you to start with my husband.  I would love for you to meet with us and put both of us through an intensive behavior modification program and then teach us how to share with others how they too can change.  I am sure you are super busy so perhaps you have someone that works for your company that could help us?  I don't have much in the way of money, but perhaps some sort of trade could be made, though I don't know what I could offer.  On the other hand, think about what if you helped me and my husband and we then helped thousands of others and the future of sex offenders and their families was forever altered in a positive way for generations to come.  That would be pretty damn amazing!

Tony, sexual abuse goes back generations for both of our families.  We have 7 children between us, 6 grandchildren along with a multitude of nieces and nephews.  It's because of the people that I love that I am determined to stop the cycle of abuse.  
 My niece came close to dying from overdosing on heroin a few weeks ago.  I know what you have written could help but I don't feel like I understand it enough for me to help her.
To summarize what it is exactly I am asking for.  I would like to ingrain your teachings into my core. I think you could help me and my husband to do that.  I also need some guidance on how to create a restorative justice program even though I have very little money presently.  I know its possible....I need to come up with a game plan.
So what you do you say, Mr Robbins?  Would you kindly help us? I know I am asking a lot and that helping sex offenders, especially publicly is risky business. We don't deserve your help, however we do have a vision.
Thanks for listening!  I can't wait to hear back from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment