Sunday, December 14, 2014

Questions that I hope will get us through

I wrote my first letter to him today.  I am not able to express my undying love or commitment to seeing this through.  I can only say, that I will take this one day at a time.  In this letter, I asked him to think about questions that I hope will help us become stronger and have a better future.  That will make this journey not something to hate but something that in the end we will say..this was a blessing.

 What do you want?
My answers;  I want a life we can be proud of.  I want a life that is full of love, laughter, passion, freedom, money and fun.  I want to help others find freedom of health: mentally, emotionally and physically.

How can we grow from this?
  We can grow by making a commitment to growing and learning, by deciding that we are worthy of love. We are worthy of a successful life.  We can grow by examining our beliefs and deciding if they are true or not
What is great about all this?
It forces us to stop running. It allows us to see each other, your children can see you.  It gives us time to rethink, re plan and start over again
What can I be happy about if I wanted to be happy?
We are safe, we can talk.  Our children are healthy, we have no funerals to attend today.  We are alive, we haven't given up.

How can we face this without fear?
By focusing on what we want and where we want to go.  By seeing it as it is but not making it worse than it has to be. By acting like we aren't afraid.  By believing and focusing on what we can do.  By taking control of our thoughts and our emotional states,

What can we do differently this time?
We can keep from  feeling trapped and down.  We can use the time granted to us wisely.

Who do you want to be?
I want to be smart, loving, healthy, strong, beautiful and kick-ass. I want to be generous and financially independent.  I want to be a healer.

Who are you?
I am someone that that can't be defined. I fit no labels. I am serious and silly. I am strong and weak. I am free, but a prisoner. I am smart, but naive. I am a dreamer, and a realist.  I am whatever I want to be this day.

Who are we?
I am still trying to figure that out.  We are a couple, we are strong and weak. We are apart, but still connected. We have cracks in our relationship, but we are not destroyed.

Where to you want to go in life?
I want to go forward, I want to change the world.  I want to change how society views sex offenders. I want to find ways to help sex offenders and their families. 

How can we become financially stronger?
By careful planning, by being creative and by not giving up.  We can set boundaries.  We can find other ways to earn money
How can we strengthen our relationship?
We have to make a commitment to it and put aside our fears. By being ourselves, whether we  think we are weak, strong, ugly, pretty, silly or serious.  By giving hope and understanding to one another. 

How can we create trust?
By deciding to trust.  By practicing trust. By deciding that the person we trust won't leave us.  By being honest though its scary as hell.
What is our goals?
To get through this to the best of our abilities.  To allow this to change us and harden our resolve to be more than the world thinks that we are.  To create a paradigm shift about sex offenders and their families

These answers I wrote are sure to change as time goes one.  The questions are sure to change as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment