Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Polyanna, its not

Before I go to long too far on this blog, I just want to clarify a few things.  My intent on writing this blog is not to paint a picture that rso's are perfect and" how can they be treated this way", because we all know that's not the truth, otherwise there would be no "list".  I really want to just share on what its like for an everyday family to go through this experience.  I don't speak for other families, only myself when I say that this situation is not black or white and there is no cut and dried one fits all solution.  I don't  know from one day to the next, what decision I will make.  Will I stay with my husband?  I don't know.  We have a lot of things that need to be addressed.  Even though I don't know the final outcome, it doesn't change the fact that I love someone who is an rso and it has impacted my life and the life of our children in a major way.  It also doesn't change the fact that I believe that we need to stop demonizing people and allowing myths to perpetuate themselves just because some people are an easy target to hate.
So there may be times when I whine or complain about my husband and his behaviour, just because that's what I need to do.  What wife doesn't need to vent every once in while?  Who knows exactly what will be written from one day to the next.  It's not like I have a preplanned agenda, I just write from the heart.  There may be times that I voice the questions about this experience that are driving me crazy because I haven't figured out what the answer for me is.   Other days I hope to be able to dispel some of the myths that there are about the families and people who are registered sex offenders.  I hope to show that as families we are just like you, everyday people struggling with something that most of us would not wish upon our worst enemy.  I bet some days what I share may cause people to think I am crazy, and maybe I am.  I know sometimes I question my own sanity.  How can you not?  If I come across help or something that may help others, I want to share that as well.  I also hope that those who stumble across this blog will share their insight and experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment